||National Technical Honor Society (formerly National Career and Technical Honor Society|
||The National Technical Honor Society recognizes and honors excellence in career and technical education. It encourages students to reach for higher levels of achievement, develop self-esteem and pride. NTHS promotes critical work-place values, skill development, honesty, responsibility, service, scholarship, citizenship, and leadership. |
||up to $30.00 upon initiation into the NTHS; other fundraisers are held throughout the school year to help offset membership fee.|
President: Abigail Altrath
Vice President: Eli Gilbert
Secretary: Hannah Bolinger
||To be announced|
- Student must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 overall and no course failures.
- Student must have received credit for 3 CTE courses to be inducted during the spring of their junior year.
- Student must have a cumulative course average in all CTE courses of at least a 93
- Student must have met attendance requirements as set by the Surry County School Board, East Surry High School, and the local chapter advisory committee of the NTHS.
- Student must also receive recommendations from three academic teachers and one administrator or guidance couselor
- Student must demonstrate high standards of excellence in workforce education; of leadership within the school and community; of character and respect for themselves, school, community, and country.